In this podcast episode, we continue our discussion with Matt Perman, author of the upcoming book, What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done.
We had a great discussion, and Matt made some great points that I hope will benefit and challenge you.
In This Episode…
In this episode, you’ll hear Matt talk about:
– How to balance our competing roles in the modern age of knowledge work
– The importance of aligning lists with roles
– A process for reducing workload
– Spatial thinking as it relates to time estimates and priorities
– A realistic model of using plans
– The common but wrong disdain many Christians have towards hard work
– How we should and should not respond to someone who is having problems managing their time
– How workaholism and laziness both reflect idolatry
– The importance of rest in a biblical framework and how to practically incorporate rest into our lives
– A biblical call to mission statements and understanding our mission
– A fascinating, biblical approach to delegating out of love
– Some tips for delegating in the home and family
What point stuck out to you the most?
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. However, this doesn’t affect what I write about, what I choose to say, or what I recommend. Learn more here.